Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held in the Village Hall at 8pm on Thursday 16 May 2019

EAST CLAYDON PARISH COUNCIL

 

 Minutes of the meeting of East Claydon Parish Council

Held in East Claydon Village Hall

At 8pm on Thursday 15 March 2018

 

Those Present: Councillors Peter Wright (Chair), Martin Paul (MP), Paul Lupton (PL) Gary Baldwin (GB), Martin Hughes (MH), Wayne Marks (WM) and Colin Kitchen (CK)

Also present:  Carole Jackman (Clerk) and 6 members of the public

 

OPEN FORUM: Nothing was raised.

Action

  1. Apologies: CC Angela Macpherson and DC John Chilvers.
  2. Declarations of Interest: None.

 

  1. Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 15 February 2018

The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 15 February 2018 were approved by those Councillors present and signed by the Chairman as a true record.

 

  1. Matters Arising:
  • Music in Quiet Places

Cllr MP confirmed that Music in Quiet Places will be held in the Church on SATURDAY 5TH MAY 7.30pm.

He also confirmed that there would be Music for Flute, Viola and Harp with works by Debussy and other features will be:

 

  • Preconcert walk round village from the church at 6.30pm
  • Tickets £10 on the door or in advanced from

Elspeth O’Halloran Tel 712588

Esther Turnbull Tel 712127

Martin Paul Tel 713204

  • Refreshments during interval

 

  • Defibrillator

Cllr MP confirmed that the new batteries fitted to the defibrillator had been tested.

 

  • Emergency Telephone System

Cllr MP confirmed that he had tested the telephone system with just one volunteer remaining to be tested.

Action: Cllr MP to test system with remaining volunteer.                                                                            Cllr MP

 

  • Verney Farm Exit

The exit from Verney Farm Close onto Sandhill Road was still a cause for concern as Transport for Bucks (TfB) had been unable to help with a solution.

 

  1. NEW COUNCILLOR

Colin Kitchen’s co-option onto the Council was confirmed.

 

  1. Planning
  • Applications

18/00789/APP – 18/00790/ALB : 23 Botyl Road Botolph Claydon Buckinghamshire MK18 2LP

Replace existing stairs, new access into living room, create double fronted fire place, new side porch, garage conversion with new glass link and roof glazing.

Council decision: No objection.

Action: Clerk to inform AVDC                                                                                                                                     Clerk

 

  • Claydon Estate

Cllr PW reported that following an article in The Times on 4 March headed “Garden Town and Express Way to Sprout up in Oxbridge Corridor” and a report that Urban&Civic had declared an interest in land around the Claydon Estate, he had accepted an invitation from Nicholas Verney (NV), Claydon Estate, to attend a meeting on Monday 19 March with other Councillors to discuss NV’s thoughts and to hear the views of others.

                                                                                               

  1. Playground

Cllr GB confirmed that currently there are no maintenance issues and that the Annual RoSPA Inspection would take place in May or June. It was noted that the new company is slightly cheaper than the company previously used.

 

  1. Village Speed Watch

Sentinel Camera: Cllr WM informed Council that the Sentinel camera has been ordered and showed the level of detail available.  It was noted that it complies with the Data Protection legislation. It was suggested that the Speed Watch team is re-generated.

It was noted that the MVAS is still in operation.

Action: Clerk to add to the Asset Register and confirm that it is added to the Parish Council’s insurance                                                                                                                                                                  Clerk

 

  1. Roads and Pathways

Pot Holes

The pot hole in Granborough Road still had not been repaired.

Action: Clerk to follow up with TfB                                                                                                                             Clerk

 

  1. Grass / Tree / Hedge cutting

                Grass Cutting Contract

The grass cutting contract with RTM had been renewed and the price had remained the same as last year. RTM had issued its programme for 2018.

               

  1. Bucks County Council (BCC) / Aylesbury Vale District Council (AVDC)

 

  • BCC|AVDC Streamlining Local Government

It was noted that Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), Sajid Javid, has now announced that he is ‘minded to’ implement, subject to Parliamentary approval and further discussions, the locally-led proposal to replace the existing five councils across Buckinghamshire with a single council for the area. Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire County Council, and Neil Blake, Leader of Aylesbury Vale District Council have both issued their own statements following this announcement. Comments and observations must be made by 25 May 2018.

Action: Chair to draft a response objecting to this proposal and stating our preference for two unitary authorities.                                                                                                                                                                            Chair

 

  1. Finance and Accounts
  • Finance Report: Clerk presented the finance report which was approved by Council. The following payments and receipts were noted:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12.2        Appointment of Internal Auditor

A letter of thanks is to be sent to the out-going internal auditor.

Action: Clerk to write letter                                                                                                                                            Clerk

 

12.3        S106 Funding

It was noted that payment of the S106 funding needs to be put in place.

Action: Clerk to liaise with AVDC                                                                                                                                  Clerk                                

  1. Village Hall redevelopment

13.1        Public Consultation

Chair explained that a meeting had taken place, prior to the Parish Council meeting, with interested stakeholders (VH committee, Mushroom Club, Womens Institute). This meeting was to inform them what the Parish Council had achieved so far and to familiarise them with what was required with future fund raising and desired improvements required.

It was noted that the VH and Mushroom Club both have their ideas of what is required and that the School Headmistress is keen to use the hall more often.

It was agreed to go ahead with a Public Consultation on 11 April to get as much community support as possible.

13.2        Electrical Testing

Councillors unanimously approved to go ahead with the electrical testing at a cost of between £800 and £1200.

13.3        Project sub-committee

It was unanimously agreed that those on the project subcommittee can make decisions regarding quotations and changes to specifications without reference back to the full Parish Council.

 

  1. Data Protection

The GDPR workshop at AVDC, which Clerk had been due to attend, was postponed due to bad weather and will now be held in April.

 

  1. Litter Pick

It was agreed to go ahead with the litter pick although no volunteers had so far come forward. A resident present had a box of litter pickers and some hi-viz jackets. AVDC will collect the rubbish on completion of the litter pick. It was agreed that the litter pick would be postponed if the weather was bad.

Action: Clerk to liaise with AVDC                                                                                                                                  Clerk

                                                                                                                               

  1. Best Kept Village Competition

It was agreed that a ‘plan of action’ was required before the inspection.

A new site for the salt bin would be preferable, but it was not clear where this could be. Cllr MP reported that the crocuses were looking good.

Action: Cllr MH to check on a possible new location for the salt bin                                                         Cll MH

 

  1. General Correspondence

Correspondence had been circulated to Councillors by email (See appendix 1).

 

  1. Any Other Business

18.1        Break-ins

Cllr MW reported that there had recently been some break-ins and it was suggested that the Neighbourhood Watch should be resurrected.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

The next Parish Council Meeting will be held in the Village Hall at 8pm on Thursday 19 April 2018.

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.55pm

 

 

 

 

APPENDIX 1

 

 

General Correspondence Received

 

AVDC From Subject
i. 14 Mar Leader Neil Blake FW: Modernising Local Government decision
ii. 14 Mar DC John Chilver Meeting apologies Apologies
iii. 9 Mar Planning Policy Manager Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan – Regulation 22: Submission of documents and information to the Secretary of State
iv. 2 Mar The Street Cleansing and Horticulture team Service Level Agreement – Dog Waste Service
v. 1 Mar Electoral Services Alterations to the electoral register
vi. 27 Mar Grants and Voluntary Sector Support Officer Fwd: Funding to help regenerate historic buildings and repair churches

 

 

BCC From Subject
i. 14 Mar CC Angela Macpherson Meeting apologies
ii. 12 Mar Martin Tett, Leader, Buckinghamshire County Council Modernising Local Government in Buckinghamshire
iii. 9 Mar Parish Liaison Officer Slides from PC conference
iv. 9 Mar Planning Planning Application Consultation 18/00790/ALB
v. 7 Mar Martin Tett, Leader, Buckinghamshire County Council Recent Severe Weather
vi. 20 Feb Area Manager (North)

Community Engagement and Development Team

Communities, Health and Adult Social Care

Buckingham Local Area Forum Update

 

 

 

Association of Local Councils From Subject
i. 14 Mar B & MK ALC DCLG – Statement regarding Unitary Authority

 

 

Other From Subject
i. 12 Mar RTM Safe Contractor Accreditation
ii. 8 Mar HS2 Funds Team

Groundwork UK

Update on HS2 CEF and BLEF programme
iii. 27 Feb RTM E&BCPC Works Programme 2018

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.